You are a new warden participating in a workgroup to update ethical performance-based standards for your correctional facility. The American Correctional Association requires performance-based standards that focus on actual compliance with expected practices. There are 7 functional areas:
- Program and Activity
- Administration and Management
In this assignment, you will address each functional area listed above in an accreditation plan for a correctional facility of your choice.
Address the following in an accreditation plan of 3-4 pages:
- Provide the purpose and goal of each of the 7 functions listed above.
Respond to the following question for each of the 7 functions:
- According to the American Correctional Association, what are the correctional standards for this function? Explain.
What are the desired conditions that need to be achieved and maintained? Explain.
- A minimum of 3 desired conditions should be identified and explained for each area above.
- Provide a brief overview of your selected existing correctional facility.
Create your accreditation plan addressing all of the 7 functions.
How will you fulfill the requirements for each function as required by the American Corrections Association? Be specific and explain in detail.
- Remember to fully support your arguments with academic and quality research.
- What are the 3 most significant challenges that you will face to obtain accreditation for your facility? Explain.
- How will you ensure that these 3 challenges are overcome? Explain.
- How will you fulfill the requirements for each function as required by the American Corrections Association? Be specific and explain in detail.