Unit VI PowerPoint Presentation
The assignment for this unit requires you to create a PowerPoint presentation that examines healthcare accreditation in the United States.To prepare for the presentation, you will need to do basic research on three accrediting organizations: The Joint Commission (TJC), the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB) and your choice of one of the following:
- Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality (CIHQ),
- Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC),
- Community Health Accreditation Partner (CHAP),
- DNV GL Healthcare, or
- Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP).
After you have done your research, construct a PowerPoint presentation that accomplishes the following:
- Beginning with an introduction, explain the purpose of accreditation and the role of accreditation organizations in health care.
- Briefly compare the standards and the accreditation processes for each of the three accreditation organizations. What makes each organization’s accreditation unique?
- Analyze specific ways each organization promotes and drives continuous quality improvement in health care. Analyze how each individual organization’s focus and standards compel a health care facility to not just meet standards, but to establish strategic goals to self-govern their efforts to improve quality.
- Finally, summarize the overall benefits of accreditation.
Your PowerPoint presentation must be a minimum of 10 slides, not counting any title or reference slides. Suggested format is two slides for the introduction, six slides for the comparison and analysis, and two slides for the benefits summary.You must either utilize the Slide Notes function in PowerPoint to add speaker notes to each slide or narrate the slides by adding audio. The notes or narration should be used to explain and expand on slide content as if you were actually presenting this to your audience.Be sure to cite all sources used. Adhere to APA Style when creating all citations and references for this assignment.