This discussion board has no minimum word count- but I would like it to be around 300 words, and is due March 30th
For this discussion assignment, you are to choose a film from the following list, watch it, and answer some open ended prompts. See below for the film options, access instructions, and assignment instructions. You might find the films to be potentially controversial. That’s okay! I encourage you to discuss your thoughts on the film on this discussion board. This assignment is worth 5 points.
Films: (Choose one. You can google descriptions of the films to help you choose.)
- ORGASM INC.: THE STRANGE SCIENCE OF FEMALE PLEASURE (2010)
- THE BUSINESS OF BIRTH CONTROL (2021)
- THE BUSINESS OF BEING BORN (2008)
- For “ORGASM INC.” go to fsu.kanopy.comLinks to an external site.. Sign in with your FSU credentials. Search for the film and begin viewing.
- For “BUSINESS OF BIRTH CONTROL,” you must have a Leroy Collins Leon County Public Library Card to access. I encourage everyone to get a local library card! You can do so by going to this websiteLinks to an external site.. After filling out the online application, you will be immediately granted a library card number. Then, go to fsu.kanopy.comLinks to an external site., sign in with your FSU credentials, choose “my account,” “my libraries,” and add a library. You will be prompted to enter your Leon County library card number. Search for the film and begin viewing.
- For “BUSINESS OF BEING BORN,” go to the FSU libraries homepage, and use the “onesearch” bar to search for “The Business of Being Born.” Sign in with your FSU credentials. On the left hand side, under “resource type,” select “videos.” Choose the first option that indicates it is “available online.” Follow the links and begin viewing.
While you are viewing the film, take notes of content that you find interesting and that might relate to course content. After viewing, complete the following on this discussion board:
- Share with us what film you chose to watch. Summarize the main point of the film.
- Discuss any aspects of the film that relate to course content. Be specific and provide an example if possible.
- Do you think the film was or could be viewed as controversial? Why?
- Reflect on something new you learned or something you found particularly interesting.