Scientific Study Analysis
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the article The Relationship Between Multiple Forms of Discrimination, Neighborhood Characteristics, and Depression Among Illicit Drug Users in New York CityLinks to an external site. and address the following questions in a three to four page (excluding title and reference pages) analysis of this formal scientific study.
- Explain the purpose of this research
- Identify and state the research questions/hypotheses connected to this study
- Explain the ethical concerns associated with this research (i.e. review the ethical issues related to research on pages 586-596 of Oachs & Watters (2020) and explain the areas of concern and how they potentially were addressed)
- Assess how the cultural issues affected or could have affected this research (such as the culture of the researcher as well as the culture of the participants, or biases, stereotypes, assumptions.)
- Explain how the data should be collected, used and kept to uphold patient confidentiality.
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA StyleLinks to an external site. as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft WordLinks to an external site. resource.
Must include a separate title page with the following:
Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic VoiceLinks to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & ConclusionsLinks to an external site. and Writing a Thesis StatementLinks to an external site., refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site. guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading RubricLinks to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.