post your response of at least 150-200 words
Before beginning this assignment, read the following 10-minute plays: What Are You Going To Be?, Magic 8 Ball, The Blizzard and Zombie Love.
Prompt: Choose ONE PLAY to discuss. Then, choose ONE CHARACTER to discuss. In a well-developed paragraphs, discuss the character, analyzing elements such as the person’s actions, conflicts, and motivations. Include examples and at least one quotation from the play as supporting evidence.
Tips: Remember to provide evidence for your claims in the form of examples and at least one quoted passage from the play. Quotations, paraphrases, and summaries should be cited according to APA style, including in-text and reference citations. Check grammar and spelling before posting. Post directly to the discussion; do not attach a document.
Resource: Refresher on CharacterA reader or viewer of a play can learn about a character in a number of ways. Here are some questions to think about before drafting your response:
- Dialogue/monologue – How do the words the character says reveal information about who he/she is? Does the character have a noticeable speech pattern? Does the character’s use of language reveal his/her emotional state? What is revealed through what others say about the character?
- Action – What is shown through the character’s actions or lack of action?
- Stage directions/movement/props – What is revealed through the character’s placement on the stage, movements, and use of props?
- Relationships/interactions – What is understood about the character through relationships and interactions with other characters?
- Development – Does the character grow and change during the play, or is the character static and unchanged? How developed or round is the character?
- Role – Is this character the narrator? If so, is he/she reliable or unreliable?