For this task, you will reflect on the foundations of healthcare marketing as discussed in the opening chapters of the two course textbooks, and you will consider the importance of healthcare organizations aligning their vision, mission, and values to their marketing goals. This is practice for work you will do with your organization in the final project.
To begin, reflect on the foundations of healthcare marketing as discussed in the opening chapters of the two course textbooks and review the module resources. Next, for the following types of healthcare organizations (all five), access their websites to become familiar with their mission/vision/value statements:
- University hospital
- Hospital/healthcare system
- Not-for-profit community hospital
- Ambulatory surgery center
- Skilled nursing facility
In a 1- to 2-page paper, address the following critical elements:
- Challenges: Discuss any challenges you encountered finding these organizations’ mission/vision/values statements. Further, discuss any surprising or unexpected things you found.
- Commonality: What do the organization’s’ statements have in common? How do they differ?
- Alignment: Why is it important for a healthcare organization to align its mission, vision, and values to its marketing efforts?