1. Familiarize yourself with the course materials related to Christine de Pisan.
- Name one fact from de Pisan’s biography that affected his writing.
2. Based on the fragments from The Book of the City of Ladies:
- State a major idea or theme of the work.
- Select three direct quotations from the body of the work that best exemplifies its overall theme or major idea.
Write how each of the quotations relates to or helps illustrate, what you claim is the main idea or theme of the work.
- Quotation 1: “…”. This quotation helps support the main idea because …
- Do you believe de Pisan’s work is still relevant today?Why?/Why not?
Write 300 words (quotes do not count towards the word count). Mark your quotations clearly and be mindful not to plagiarize.