You MUST read all the instructions carefully and ensure your paper contains all the expectations:
- must conduct research and provide your sources of references and materials used
- provide very detailed information for each
- document all assumptions made
You have been assigned as the PM for a new project, today on March 21, 2023. Here is the information you have been given to get you started:
- You are working for a telecommunication company that currently provides internet, cable tv and VoIP telephone services and your company would like to launch new services in the cell phone industry. They have therefore purchased a small independent cell phone company.
- You are asked to manage the migration of their 50,000 cell phone customers to your company’s software platforms and business process.
- This will include all the following platforms: customer service, billing, web applications, product service, installation, equipment inventory, customer information.
- You will also need to work with marketing to offer the new service either alone or bundled with their other products.
- The migration should be completed by Oct 1, 2023.
- Draw 2 dataflow diagrams (1 logical and 1 physical) clearly identifying the flow of information from system to system. 30
- Draw a flowchart ensuring you capture the business processes from beginning to end, this would be using your company’s current process as the new customers will be migrated from their processes to your company’s. This is not a flowchart of the migration process but rather a flow of the business processes. 15
- List the elements of the data dictionary and provide the values that would be in each element relative to this project, this should include several tables. 15
- Put together a multidisciplinary team, identifying what skillsets are required for each member and include their role and responsibilities relating to this project. 10
- Identify what type of Project management methodology you would use and explain in detail why you have made that choice. 15
- Write an implementation plan using all the steps we covered in our lecture and describe what you will do at each step, who will be responsible to perform each activity and estimate how long each activity will take. Ensure you also include an actual minute by minute activities plan for the night of implementation to production. 15