For each of the Essay Questions below, you must answer it with a full paragraph. A full paragraph is 6-8 sentences and lets me know that you completely understand the concept.
One and two sentence answers will be given 0 points. Additionally, this is not a Cut and Paste exercise. The only way I know that you understand the concept is if you explain it to me in your own words.
- Explain the history of Asian/Pacific American interaction with law enforcement and the government. Give specific examples.
- What are some of the myths and stereotypes of Asian/Pacific Americans? Why are they off base?
- Describe some of the characteristics of Asian/Pacific Americans families.
- Explain the communication style of Asian/Pacific Americans. Give specific examples.
- What are the key issues between Asian/Pacific Americans and law enforcement? What crimes are prevalent in the Asian/Pacific American community?
- What are some of the stereotypes and cross-racial perception of the black community? How do you think this impact relations with law enforcement?
- What are the key issues between the black community and law enforcement?
- What communication barriers exist between the black community and law enforcement? How does perception play a role in these barriers?
- How does the difference in perception of threats and aggressive behavior play a role in the relationship between the black community and law enforcement?
- How are efforts being made toward a positive relationship between the police and the black community?