Choose ONE of the following activities:
1. What types of physical danger may anthropologists encounter in the field? Choose two different field locations that might interest you, and consider what types of physical (environmental) challenges would be present in those locations.
To assist you: You Tube Video Introduction to the The Human Relations Area Files: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUja_e6nS0c (Links to an external site.)
Link to the The Human Relations Area Files (Cultural Section) : http://ehrafworldcultures.yale.edu/ehrafe/browseCultures.do?context=main#thisChar=A
2. Anthropologists disagree over whether objectivity or activism should be the goal of anthropological research, especially in communities experiencing injustice. What is your personal position on this issue?
Canvas Web Activities must be completed by the posted deadline listed on the syllabus.
- To obtain any points, the student must complete/submit the activity on Canvas by the posted deadline in the syllabus.
- It will not be accepted late under any circumstances. You will not be able to access the activities after the posted deadline.
- At a minimum…. Responses to activities should be at least THREEfully detailed paragraphs. Each paragraph should have at least 6-8 sentences. They should be well thought out, organized, clearly presented and checked for basic spelling and grammar. I am looking to see that you fully understand and can apply the course concepts.
- REMEMBER…. MINIMAL EFFORT EQUALS MINIMAL GRADE (20-30 POINTS). IF YOU WISH TO EARN THE MAXIMUM POINTS, YOU MUST SHOW MAXIMUM EFFORT AND MASTERY OF THE COVERED CONCEPTS AND MATERIALS.