Senior leaders within an organization must be able to articulate and understand the operational environment to have a competitive edge. Modern organizations are currently operating in multiple environments; these environments can be in the physical domain or within the cyber domain.
You have been assigned to present to the CEO the organization’s cybersecurity policy and executive summary. Compile the previous assignments from this course and create a 5- to 7-minute digital presentation. Include the following:
- The process(es) for the creation and/or changes to the different types of standards.
- The organization’s NIST cybersecurity framework: alignment to specific standards, functional areas, implementation tiers, and profiles.
- The cybersecurity life cycle, cybersecurity framework, and methodologies to establish a cybersecurity program that supports the organization’s strategic initiatives.
- The organization security policy: how it supports the business objectives.
- The organization systems and network diagram.
- The organization’s risk assessment, business impact analysis, and business continuity plan.
- Compare and contrast different types of standards, including laws, regulations, policies, voluntary, and framework-based standards.
- The incident response and incident handling plan.
- The cybersecurity awareness infographic.
- An executive summary.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
2.2: Define and apply the NIST Cybersecurity Framework functional areas, implementation tiers, and profiles.
2.3: Apply the Cybersecurity Life Cycle, Cybersecurity Framework, and Methodologies to establish a Cybersecurity Program that supports an organization’s strategic initiatives.
3.1 Examine the laws, regulations, and standards that organizations use to align with government requirements around cybersecurity best practices within their industry.
3.3 Perform requirements analysis to identify and obtain data and evidence in support of cyber law inquiries and incidents.