APA Style – 50/100 word each – 1 or 2 references
· You have £10,000 to deposit. You want to save it, earning interest by loaning its use in the money market to your bank. You anticipate you will need to replace your washing machine within the year, however, so you don’t want to surrender all your liquidity at once. What is the best way to save your money that will give you the greatest increase in wealth without too much risk and while still retaining some liquidity? Explain your reasons for your choice of solution.
· Identify the last three items (consumer goods and durable goods) you purchased. Alternatively, select any three items you purchased during the last two months. Choose diverse items and analyze each item in terms of the following factors:
– Why did you buy that item? How did you decide what to get?
– What attributes proved most important in narrowing your choices? Create an attribute analysis chart for each item (see Figure 8.4 Sig’s Product-Attribute Scoring in the textbook).
– Where did you get your information about the item?
– Where did you go to buy the item?
– In what kind of market did you make your purchase?
– Where did the money come from for your purchase?
– How much did you pay for the item, and how did you pay for it?
– How would you rate your satisfaction with your purchase?
If or when you purchase that type of item again, what might you do differently?
What will you have saved for retirement by the time you retire? What will you need to live in retirement without income from employment? How old will you be when your retirement savings run out? Consider how you will estimate your requirements in retirement in order to get an idea of how and why you should plan to save for retirement.
For experienced and first-time investors alike, the plethora of investment vehicles and options can be overwhelming. It seems that on a nearly daily basis, innovation with unlimited promise and appeal sprouts through the already crowded investment landscape. Like many things, however, it behoves us to keep our investment style simple. A simplified investment approach not only makes our lives easier and less harrowing, but it can also drastically improve our results. In your opinion, is passive stock investing the superior approach?