1. Assessment Description
Sister Mary is a patient in Level 2 Emergency Department. She must have a neural examination, physical assessment, radiographs of her facial bones, and a computed tomography scan of the head. Taking into consideration that she is a Roman Catholic nun, what would be the ideal course of patient education as this woman progresses from department to department 400 words 2 reference
2 Assessment Description
What possible reservations could a health care professional have in working with Sister Mary? (Discuss the psychosocial responses the professional might have.) 400 words 2 references
3 Assessment Description
Write a short (50-100-word) paragraph response for each question. This assignment is to be submitted as a Microsoft Word document.
- Give examples of psychosocial factors that affect the health care professional and the effect those factors could have on patient education.
- Give examples of psychosocial factors that affect the patient and the effect those factors could have on patient education.
- Explain what is meant by personality styles and give examples of approaches that could be used to help the patient. Include self-perception as a factor.
- List the steps in adjustment to illness and how the patient copes with each step.
- Explain the health professional’s role in teaching the patient at different life stages.
- Define the role of the family in patient education.
- How might the family influence the compliance of the patient and what measures can the health care professional use in communication with the family?
- 2 references