Week 3 Discussion: Influences of Ancient Architecture Required Resources Read/review the following resources for this activity: Textbook: Chapter 6Lesson 2Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition
Week 3 Discussion: Influences of Ancient Architecture
Required ResourcesRead/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 6
- Lesson 2
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post InstructionsThis week you will read about architecture. The lesson includes information on Roman architecture, which was greatly influenced by the Greeks and Etruscans.
Locate at least two architectural works that were influenced by Greco-Roman architecture. These can be from any time period after the Greco-Roman period but should be from different periods themselves (e.g., one from Renaissance and one from Baroque). Then address the following:
- What is the function of each structure?
- How does each work exhibit influence of the Greco-Roman period? Is the influence specifically Greek, Etruscan, or Roman – or a combination?
- How would you compare the two selected works? Take the role of the evaluative critic.
Use examples from the text, the lesson, and the library to help support your answer. Please remember to provide images and citations to help illustrate your points.
Follow-Up Post InstructionsRespond to at least one peer. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Minimum of 2 posts (1 initial & 1 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references