Computer Applications for Business – Week 8 Assignment MS Excel: Budget Analysis Apply your creative thinking and problem-solving skills to design and implement a solution. NOTE: You will need to use
Week 8 Computer Assignment
Computer Applications for Business – Week 8 Assignment
MS Excel: Budget Analysis
Apply your creative thinking and problem-solving skills to design and implement a solution.
NOTE: You will need to use file from the textbook for the assignment: Lab 8-3 Budget Analysis
|Household Budget Analysis|
The workbook provided shows household income and expenses. You will create charts to help analyze your budget.
1. Open the workbook Lab 8-3 Budget Analysis provided and save as CS155Week8LastnameFirstname. Ensure that you use your lastname and firstname.
2. In the budget analysis file change; wages, food, phone, and clothing data for each month. (Leaving these items the same will result in a deduction)
3. Create a chart using the expenses from the budget.
4. Create a second chart using the cash flow data from the budget.
5. The following areas will be part of grading criteria:
Changes to data asked for in Part 1
Ensure the charts created display months and appropriate items from column A
Create a chart from expenses data
Move expense data chart to own sheet
Rename new sheet with expense chart to descriptive title
Create chart title for expense data chart
Create a chart from cash flow data
Move cash flow chart to own sheet
Rename new sheet with cash flow chart to descriptive titles
Create chart title for cash flow chart
Save the file as CS155Week8LastnameFirstname. Ensure that you use your lastname and firstname
Add a footer in left section of sheet named Budget with your name and GIDnumber
NOTE: Charts not required to be pivot charts
In Part 1 you made choices about which type(s) of chart(s) to use to present budget data. What was the rationale behind those selections? How did the data in the Household Expenses pose a special challenge? How might you address that challenge?
Answer Part 2 questions in comments or submission text area when submitting